Raleigh Is The Place…For Fashion?
May 24, 2012 Leave a comment
Last night I attended a great event launching REDii Raleigh. What is REDii? Well I am glad you asked. REDii stands for Raleigh Emerging Designers Innovation Incubator. Last night was the official launch party and Fashion Extravaganza which featuring some of Raleigh’s dynamic new fashion designers.
Now I know what you are thinking…why would a T-shirt and jeans kind of guy like me want to attend a fashion show and how does it tie into what I do and blog about. It all comes down to two things:
- Another way showcase how the Triangle (specifically Raleigh) is not the Mayberry that many still think we are and to show, even our own residents, some of the great emerging trends.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- REDii is tied into NC State’s College of Textiles (one of the best in the world) and College of Design.
- The mission of REDii is to help fashion entrepreneurs create, launch and operate their business by providing professional mentoring and business education programs that maximize their opportunity for success.
- REDii’s Designer in Residence program gives designers the opportunity to test market their products in the REDii boutique while being mentored and taking advantage of the REDii entrepreneurship programs.
–J. Nolfo helps companies understand their market and customers though a variety of market research strategies. He has over ten years of experience of market research for strategic planning purposes. He is the Director of Research at Rhino Market Research. He shares his thoughts about market research and business concepts with his blog “Pensare…Understanding Market Research in Business“. If you would like to discuss this blog or how J. can help you understand your market and customer needs, email him at email@example.com.