Internet Summit 12 Is Here
November 5, 2012 Leave a comment
For regular readers of this blog, not reading something market research related on a Monday morning may seem like you have entered into the Twilight Zone. Well, don’t fret. Because of major conferences in the Raleigh-Durham area over the next two weeks, the blogs will be shorter and related to what I hear about the conferences. My traditional postings will resume the week of November 19.
This week, the fifth year of Internet Summit will be held and, in my opinion, the best of the the two that I have been aware of. Although the conference, as a whole, does not start until it Tuesday, I am already excited about it just on what I am seeing as the setup and who is talking. You can see all the details and the agenda here, but the typically two day conference is now a full three days with the addition of Startup Summit and Preconference Intensive Workshops.
Internet Summit promotes forward thinking and thought leadership on topics related to internet technologies through industry professionals who share their expertise with those who attend. Presented by TechMedia, Internet Summit supports web oriented entrepreneurial activity, innovation, and the resultant economic development of southeast and mid-Atlantic regions.
The list of speakers and presenters is a who’s who of internet based companies. This list includes Sarah Lacy, Founder & Editor-in-Chief of PandoDaily.com, Tim Sullivan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ancestry.com, Curtis Brown, CTO of AOL, Frederick Townes, Sr. Technical Advisor of Mashable, Brent Herd, Twitter’s Director of Southeast; just to name a few.
Internet Summit will also feature 70 presentations from some of the smartest minds in the industry. A partial list of the presentations include:
- Social Currency, Influence, and Big Data
- Top 10 Considerations for Executing your Social Media Strategy with an SMMS
- Web 2.0, Mobile Apps, 3rd Party Services, etc: How to Tame the Complexity and Focus on Customer Experience
- Your Mobile Strategy Redefined – 6 Best Practices And More
- Mobile Enabling Today’s Distributed Workforce
- 3 Steps to a Better Go-to-Market Content Strategy
- Emerging Social Trends, Technologies & Tools
- Mobile Analytics
- Ten of the Toughest SEO/SEM Problems Solved
- Understanding Googles Search Algorithm
- User Experience Testing: A/B Testing, Heatmaps & more
Also, there are numerous subject experts that will be involved in with hour long panels into the topics affecting today’s digital professional. Some of the panels include:
- Increasing ROI with Data-driven decisions
- Big Data
- SoLoMo (Social, Local & Mobile)
- Designing and Optimizing for Multiple Screens
- CIO Roundtable
- The Tablet Revolution
- Internet Entrepreneurship
–J. Nolfo helps companies understand their market and customers though a variety of market research strategies. He has over ten years of experience of market research for strategic planning purposes. He is the Director of Research at Rhino Market Research. He shares his thoughts about market research and business concepts with his blog “Pensare…Understanding Market Research in Business“. If you would like to discuss this blog or how J. can help you understand your market and customer needs, email him at email@example.com.